If your business involves elements of the supply chain, you will probably find valuable information in this article. From your reading you will refresh or better inform yourself of the following:
- Transportation is not always careful.
- Wood Packaging provides important Benefits in the supply chain, Protecting and Facilitating the Handling of a shipment before, during and after transportation.
- What type of service best suits what you need to ship.
- The satisfaction of a good job.
- ISPM-15 Provision. Because the wood used for packaging MUST be TREATED. What is ISPM-15, what does it regulate, and why should you not overlook this International trade provision.
- The 7 most used types of wood packaging.
- CLOSED Boxes or Drawers.
- Open Boxes or Drawers.
- Wooden Platforms In Cargo Containers.
- Wholesale wooden boxes and packaging.
- Boxes for Fairs and Trade Shows.
- Pallets of Special Measures (Non-commercial).
- Wooden Cradles to immobilize Items in particular ways.
The satisfaction of a good job.
If you've ever needed to transport a valuable item, you'll know how important it is to choose the right company to get the job done. The last thing you want is to find out that the company you chose didn't pay enough attention to detail and your shipment arrives in terrible shape. Why can it happen? Because the handling of shipments in the Warehouses, the loading and unloading of the Delivery Trucks, in the Freight Forwarders, in the Ports and Airports is not very careful. Rather it is rigorously crude and if a shipment is not properly packed it can be spoiled...
This is the main reason for using a Specialized Wood Packaging Service. With knowledge of the details of the Transportation Industry. In Crating Express We are more interested in the details that will protect your shipment and your specific needs (including low costs that benefit your business).
Our services cover the Miami area (Miami Dade and Broward counties) in South Florida, although we can take you anywhere within the Continental United States.
Packaging with the appropriate Wooden Box is one of the most important parts when it comes to protecting a shipment with valuable items or items that require Protection while facilitating their Handling. There are a variety of designs including plywood, boards (Closed Boxes) or boards only (Open Boxes or Cages).
The boxes have the PURPOSE of FACILITATING the handling of your shipment as well as ensuring that it arrives at its destination in perfect condition.
ISPM-15 Certified Wood Packaging for international shipments.
You will be pleased to know that we follow the Best Practices and industry standards when it comes to Packaging and Joinery with Wood for exports. Wood can be easily infested with pests, for this reason, if the packaging you use is not made of wood that meets the requirements of the ISPM15 regulation, it could be rejected for transport or even not be admitted at the port of destination, which which could be a tremendous headache and incalculable losses in time and money for you. While the use of Treated Wood is a legal requirement, it is something we are happy to do to ensure a better world.
The rules surrounding ISPM-15 mean that the wood must be treated before it is used to contain anything that is going to be transported from one country to another. The figuration MUST be carried out, or instead heat treatment.
Once the Heat Treatment has been done to a level that will kill anything that could be dangerous, we affix (Without Additional Charge) the seals that certify it, and this will not only put your mind at ease, but also ensure entry to countries who have concerns about importing pests.
In extreme cases of pest detection in shipments with untreated wood, the goods can be declared in Quarantine, or be returned to the country of origin, etc.
7 Most Used Types of Wood Packaging
Closed Boxes or Drawers:
- For General Use: When delicate and valuable items need to be moved, this is the box for it. Since it is hermetically sealed, it provides a greater amount of protection than if it were placed in a normal cardboard box. Since there will be no part of the object on display, it is less likely to be damaged or lost by some external action.
- For Special Uses:
- Antiques, Paintings, Chandeliers, Sculptures, etc:
- They are boxes built to measure and according to the needs of the Art in question.
- The service INCLUDES the proper preparation for the trip before crating, including Non-stick Paper, Packing Paper, Cardboard, Styrofoam, etc.
- We have Pick up and delivery service available of his works of art.
- Antiques, Paintings, Chandeliers, Sculptures, etc:
- For photocopiers: Large and Heavy items like these should be placed in secure boxes.
- For Teams electronics and High Technology:
- For industrial equipment and machinery.
- For Medical Equipment.
- For Granite, Marble or Similar Heavy Slabs.
This is an ideal way to move items that don't specifically need security but still need a Base for easy Handling and conditions for stacking them on top of each other.
They are also designed specifically for the items you want to move. Open Boxes are the most economical way of crating for volume shipments greater than 150 cubic feet, more volume, better price.
Platforms and Carpentry with Wood inside Containers
At Crating Express we build wooden platforms inside containers to accommodate photocopiers, golf carts, etc. on two floors.
If you have lots of items to transport, you may find it beneficial to put them all in one container. However, the problem here could be that some heavier items and smaller, lighter items could be damaged if placed on top of each other inside the container. To solve this problem, we build platforms and barriers inside the container and each element will be safe in its own space.
WHOLESALE Wood Industrial Boxes or Packaging:
Any of our Packaging Services can be cataloged Wholesale Purchase in quantities of 5 or more units. (Closed or Open Crates, Platforms in Containers, Trade Show Crates, etc).
These services serve the purpose of Industrial and Commercial packaging as well as Storage, which require 5 or more boxes. The larger the quantity, the better the price.
The main advantage is the prices. Some prices may reach 50% or more off the unit price.
Additionally, depending on certain conditions, we can take this service to any place within the American Union.
In Industrial Wood Boxes or Packaging, we are the best option!!!.
Boxes for Fairs and Trade Shows:
At Crating Express we build Boxes and Crates for Trade Shows with the necessary details so that the useful life of the boxes is extended by multiple trips.
Additionally, we design what is most appropriate for the comfort of the user of the boxes:
- We put appropriate Wheels or Pallets on it.
- We can install a ramp if the shipment requires it.
- We use hinges and special locks for this type of boxes.
- We have available Internal protection of the box with Styrofoam or the material you prefer.
- We can install Internal Divisions in the crate if the shipment requires it.
The construction of these boxes is really strong.
With our Trade Show Boxes and Drawers, your next Trade Show will no longer be a nightmare!!!
Special Measures Pallets.
These pallets are made of wood and of measures and shapes that ARE NOT commercial. We can produce one unit or dozens of them according to the specifications and needs of the shipment.
The possibilities of using these pallets are multiple, they are not only used to Handle Merchandise, they can also take the form of shipment in addition to being more than adaptable to the WEIGHT requirement.
Wooden Cradles To Immobilize Items Of Particular Shapes.
There are items that cannot be transported safely only on a pallet and even if it is installed inside a wooden crate.
A crib will help stabilize such items, including:
- Boats (To be transported inside Cargo Containers).,
- Automotive parts.
- Reels with Metal Cables.
- Aircraft Parts and Parts,
The cradle is specially manufactured to adapt to the shape of the elements that must be accommodated, thus ensuring that the shipment does not move in the box or on a pallet and damage itself or cause damage to other shipments…
Taking into account the recommendations described can make your business successful and avoid the nightmare of hiring an inappropriate service or not knowing what to order...
Do you have any comments, or do you need any clarification or guidance on wood packaging?